We are Girl Scouts of Orange County! We are nearly 15,000 girls and 9,000 volunteers and adult members who believe in the power of every girl to change the world. We are champions of girl ambition, fueled by our unstoppable drive to provide every girl, regardless of age, background, or ability, the life-changing benefits Girl Scouts provides her to dream big and do bigger. Girls need the connectivity and sisterhood that Girl Scouts provides for self-expression, discovery, community, and inclusion – now more than ever. And with programs in every OC zip code, we offer every girl fun and inspiring experiences to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success. Girl Scouts: Building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Membership will play an integral role in the success of the Girl Scouts of Orange County and will be responsible for achieving sustainable, membership growth through a sales-oriented, data-driven membership plan
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Membership: Achieve MEMBERSHIP GROWTH of new girl scout memberships and adult volunteers. Achieve MEMBERSHIP RETENTION goal for existing girl scouts and adult volunteers.
Planning: Develop an annual membership, customer care, and reporting plan to achieve the desired new member growth objectives and retention goals.
Leadership: Lead, coach, and mentor a team of 4 direct reports and 14 individual contributors to meet/exceed GSOC’s new member growth, retention and customer care goals for 2022. Hire, train and backfill all open positions.
Marketing: Collaborate with the MarCom team to develop and deploy marketing, messaging, and promotional campaigns to increase the visibility of Girl Scouting through community outreach, promotion, and targeted relationship development. Lead the renewal marketing campaigns.
Admin: Assess and improve, where necessary, all internal processes to improve speed and efficiency of the membership registration, placement, customer care, and data reporting process within 120 days of hire. Develop and implement strategies to increase the council’s usage and effectiveness of all membership, support, and customer service systems, including Salesforce.
Reporting: Provide membership and retention metrics to the Executive Team, Board, and Council staff monthly or as the COO requires.
Budgetary: Set all department budgets to achieve new membership and retention objectives within 90 days of hire. Manage monthly budgets to make certain they are aligned with growth and retention strategies
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing OR equivalent experience.
- Track record of success in building, leading and/or maintaining a robust and enduring membership-based organization in the private, civil or advocacy sector.
- Strong project planning, management, and implementation skills.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience including budgetary responsibility.
- Technical skills to conduct market research, data analysis AND the ability to create reports that provide the leadership team valuable insight into membership growth and retention.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in analyzing, evaluating, and solving difficult procedural, organizational, administrative and/or technical problems.
- Licensed and insured California driver; must pass background screen, including driving
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Competitive Base Salary – plus performance-based incentives to increase your earnings.
- Hybrid Work Schedule – required to be in the office a minimum of two days per week.
- 4/9 Work Week – Monday – Thursday office hours (some nights/weekends required)
- Vacation/Personal Holiday/Sick leave – Ten (10) days per year/One (1) day per year/Nine (9) days per year. Eligible after 90 days of employment.
- Winter Holiday Break – Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Benefits – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 403(b). Eligible for full health benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of hire. May contribute to and are fully vested in 403(b) package on date of hire.
If you have the skills and want to make an impact on the lives of young girls, your community, and the world at large, we’d like to speak with you. Please submit your resume and credentials to the email address listed below. We look forward to connecting with you,
James R. O’Hara | Principal
Kellen James | Performance Advisors
Advisory. Diagnostics. Selection.
Jim O’Hara is a veteran executive and former agency firm owner. He is President of Kellen James – Performance Advisors, an Advisory and Diagnostics consultancy that assists organizations to hire more accurately, lead more effectively and get results more efficiently. Connect with Jim on LinkedIn or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org@kellenjames.com